So simple to make and containing only five ingredients (plus salt and pepper), after making this low FODMAP homemade tartar sauce, you’ll wonder why you ever bothered to use the store-bought stuff. Low FODMAP, dairy-free, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- In a small bowl, whisk together mayo, capers, garlic-infused olive oil, lemon juice, dill, salt and pepper.
- Taste tartar sauce and adjust seasonings and ingredients as needed.
- Serve with your favourite seafood recipes, such as my upcoming low FODMAP Air Fryer Fish and Chips, crab cakes, fish sandwiches, fish sticks, etc.
- Store leftovers in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks. Stir before re-serving.
- Makes a bit more than ¼ cup, which is about two 2-tablespoon servings. If you think you’ll need more than that, use the recipe card tools above to double or triple the recipe. When I make this for two people for fish and chips, we typically have about half of it leftover; therefore, I kept the quantities of ingredients on this recipe small.
- Quantities of salt and pepper are suggestions. I am a big fan of salt in my recipes; however, if you aren’t a salt fan, use less than what’s suggested, taste, and work your way up.
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: By-hand
- Cuisine: French
Keywords: low fodmap tartar sauce, homemade tartar sauce, dairy-free tartar sauce, paleo tartar sauce, whole30 tartar sauce, condiment recipes, sauce recipes, seafood condiments