Super flavourful and easy to make, these juicy turkey burgers make a quick and healthy main for lunch or dinner. They’re also low FODMAP as well as Paleo and Whole30 friendly using a Paleo/Whole30 compliant bun alternative.
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 1 large egg
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp avocado oil (for the pan if not using non-stick)
- 4 buns (see notes for options)
- Your favourite burger toppings (see notes for options)
- Add ground turkey, egg, garlic-infused olive oil, coconut aminos, parsley, chives, salt, and pepper to a large bowl and mix with your hands or a spoon until just combined.
- Using your hands, shape turkey mixture into 4 patties with your hands and place on a large plate. The patties should each be about about 3.5” in diameter and about 1” thick. Stick the plate of burger patties in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- Place a large skillet on medium heat and add the avocado oil (if using). Once hot, add the burger patties and sear on each side for 4-5 minutes or until they reach 165°F per an instant read thermometer.
- Remove from heat, serve on a bun (or bun alternative) with your favourite toppings, like my Homemade Ketchup (Paleo & Low FODMAP but not Whole30), and sides, like my Air Fryer French Fries (Paleo, Whole30, Low FODMAP) or Broccoli Salad with Bacon (Paleo, Whole30, Low FODMAP).
BUN OPTIONS (read post above for more details):
- Low FODMAP: gluten-free hamburger bun
- Low FODMAP & Paleo/Whole30: lettuce (try green leaf, iceburg, or butter lettuce), red bell pepper halves, eggplant (up to 1 cup/serving), pineapple (up to 1 cup/serving), sweet potato (up to ½ cup/serving), common tomatoes, collard greens (up to 1 cup)
- Paleo/Whole30 (not low FODMAP): Portobello mushrooms
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Stovetop
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: turkey burgers, easy turkey burgers, homemade turkey burgers, juicy turkey burgers, easy recipes, summer recipes