Super moist and tender, this Instant Pot Meatloaf with Mashed Potatoes and Gravy is all cooked in one pot and sure to please the entire family. An Instant Pot version of an American classic, this meatloaf recipe is also low FODMAP, Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 lb ground pork
- 1 large egg
- ¼ cup tapioca flour
- 2 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce (if not eating Paleo/Whole30)
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 2 tbsp dried chives
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 lbs red potatoes, left whole, peeled or unpeeled
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil
- 1 tsp salt (or to taste)
- ½ tsp ground black pepper (or to taste)
- Freshly-chopped Italian parsley
- In the largest mixing bowl you have, add meatloaf ingredients: ground beef, ground pork, egg, tapioca flour, garlic-infused olive oil, coconut aminos or Worcestershire sauce, tomato paste, dried chives, oregano, salt and pepper and mix with your hands until well combined. Using your hands, form meat mixture into a rectangular loaf that’s about 8” long and 5.5” wide. Wrap in one layer of tin foil without overlapping any of the sides (see photos above for reference). Set aside.
- Add 1 cup beef broth and ½ tsp salt to a 6-quart Instant Pot, 8-quart Instant Pot, or comparable electric pressure cooker. Stir broth with a spoon until salt dissolves. Add red potatoes to the pot in one layer so that the trivet can rest on top of them evenly (see photos above for reference). Place trivet on top of potatoes, ensuring the handles are up. Place wrapped meatloaf on top of trivet. Close Instant Pot lid; set pressure release valve to “Sealing” (if required by your model), press “Pressure Cook,” and set the timer for 28 minutes.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, quick release the pressure. Wearing hot pads and using the trivet, carefully remove the meatloaf from the pot to a platter. Using a fork, carefully pry open the top of the tin foil and take the temperature of the meatloaf by sticking an instant read thermometer into the thickest part. The meatloaf must be at least 160°F to be safely consumed. Let meatloaf rest in the opened foil on the platter while you make the mashed potatoes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove potatoes from the pot to an extra large mixing bowl. Add mashed potato ingredients to the bowl: almond milk, ghee, garlic-infused olive oil, salt and ground black pepper. Mash with a potato masher and stir with a spoon until they are to your desired consistency. Taste potatoes and adjust seasonings, almond milk and ghee as desired. Cover bowl with a plate while you make the gravy.
- Return to the meatloaf. Using a large spatula, slide meatloaf off the tin foil to the serving platter, using care to keep the juices inside the tin foil as much as possible. Wearing hot pads and using the tinfoil as a pouring vessel, carefully pour the juices from the tin foil into the inner pot.
- To thicken the gravy, hit “Sauté” on the Instant Pot to get the juices boiling (this should only take 20-30 seconds). While the juices are heating up, in a small bowl or measuring cup, whisk together 1 tbsp tapioca flour with 1 tbsp cold water to make a slurry. Once the juices are boiling, slowly pour in the slurry while slowly stirring the juices with a whisk. Stir until gravy thickens, about 30 seconds to 1 minute. Hit cancel on the Instant Pot and remove inner pot to a hot pad. Pour gravy into a gravy boat or measuring cup.
- Slice meatloaf into ½ inch slices and serve with mashed potatoes. Pour gravy on top of meatloaf and/or mashed potatoes. Garnish with freshly-chopped Italian parsley (optional). If desired, serve meatloaf with ketchup on the side (either store-bought or homemade).
- Serving Size: two – ½ inch slices of meatloaf, ¼ lb of potatoes, and 2 tbsp of gravy. 8 servings total.
- Category: One-Pot Meals
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: instant pot meatloaf, instant pot meatloaf and mashed potatoes, pressure cooker meatloaf, pressure cooker meatloaf and mashed potatoes, instant pot one-pot meal, low fodmap meatloaf, low fodmap instant pot meatloaf, paleo meatloaf, whole30 meatloaf