Create a simple yet sinfully-flavourful side dish for your holiday table with this Instant Pot Glazed Carrots recipe. Paleo, low FODMAP and refined sugar-free and ready in less than 20 minutes!
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 lb regular carrots, bias-cut*
- 2 tbsp ghee
- 2 tbsp pure maple syrup
- ¼ tsp pumpkin pie spice (store-bought or homemade)
- ¼ tsp salt
- Fresh parsley, chopped, for garnish (optional)
- Pour water into the Instant Pot. Open a vegetable steamer and place it inside the Instant Pot. Place chopped carrots in the steamer in a relatively-even layer. Close the Instant Pot lid and set the pressure release valve to “Sealing.” Press the “Steam” button and set timer for 1 minute.
- Once the cooking cycle has completed, hit “Cancel” on the Instant Pot and quick release the pressure. Carefully remove the vegetable steamer containing the carrots from the pot and set on a plate. Using hot pads, pour the water out of the inner pot and dry completely with paper towels. Place the inner pot back into the Instant Pot. Hit the “Sauté” button and adjust so that it is set to “Less,” which is the lowest level of Sauté heat.**
- Once the display on the Instant Pot reads “Hot,” add ghee, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and salt to the pot. Stir until the mixture is well combined. Carefully add the carrots from the vegetable steamer to the pot and stir to coat in the mixture. Sauté on low for 3 minutes, stirring occasionally, to allow flavours to meld together.
- Hit “Cancel” on the Instant Pot. Use a spoon to place carrots in a serving vessel. Pour some of the remaining ghee/maple syrup mixture over carrots per your own personal taste. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley if desired.
- *Bias-cut – sliced at a 45 degree angle. See the “Tips for Success” section above for further explanation and link to a video demo.
- **This procedure varies by Instant Pot model. I use an Instant Pot Duo 6-qt and press the Sauté button multiple times to adjust the heat between “Normal,” “Less” and “More.” On other models there is an “Adjust” button to do this. Consult your Instant Pot manual for instructions specific to your model.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: Instant Pot
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: carrot recipes, instant pot carrots, instant pot glazed carrots, holiday recipes, side dish, instant pot side dish, thanksgiving side dish, Christmas side dish, Christmas recipes, thanksgiving recipes, easy recipes, glazed carrots, paleo, low FODMAP, refined sugar-free, lactose-free