Simplify taco and fajita making with this 5-minute homemade taco seasoning! This recipe is low FODMAP as well as naturally Paleo and Whole30 (although check labels of individual spices for sulfites and other additives).
- 2 tbsp chili powder
- 1 tbsp dried oregano leaves
- 1 tbsp dried chives
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne
- 2 ½ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground black pepper
- Add all the ingredients to a small bowl or air-tight container (such as a glass jar) and whisk or cover and shake until well combined.
- Add to your favourite Mexican dishes like tacos and fajitas as well as my upcoming Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad.
- For ground beef tacos, I typically add 2 1/2 tbsp of taco seasoning, 1 tbsp garlic-infused olive oil, and 1/3 cup water to 1 lb of cooked ground beef and saute on low heat on the stove top until the juices are mostly gone from the skillet, about 5 minutes.
- For steak or chicken fajitas, I create a marinade consisting of garlic-infused olive oil, regular extra virgin olive oil, and lime juice and add 3 tbsp of seasoning to the marinade. See my upcoming Grilled Chicken Fajita Salad recipe for more specific details.
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: Mix by hand
- Cuisine: Mexican
Keywords: taco seasoning, low fodmap taco seasoning, fajita seasoning, low fodmap fajita seasoning, taco seasoning recipe, homemade taco seasoning, taco seasoning mix, fajita seasoning mix, paleo, whole30