Ready in less than 30 minutes, this healthy Homemade Ketchup enhances the flavour of fries, burgers, meatloaf, and more. It’s also low FODMAP, Paleo, and refined sugar-free.
- In a small saucepan, whisk together all the ingredients.
- Set the sauce pan over medium-high heat and bring to a low boil; reduce heat to low (I turn my burner dial down to minimum) and simmer for 20 minutes, whisking occasionally, or until the ketchup is to your desired thickness.
- Remove from heat, and once it’s cool enough, taste the ketchup and adjust the ingredients to your taste.
- Allow to cool for about 10-15 minutes before applying to food; cool to room temperature before refrigerating.
- Enjoy with fries (like my Air Fryer French Fries), burgers (like my Juicy Turkey Burgers), meatloaf, scrambled eggs, or anything you usually eat with ketchup.
- Store fully cooled ketchup in an airtight, glass container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.
- Makes 1 and 1/8 cups, which is nine 2-tablespoon servings. If you think you might use more ketchup within 3 weeks, double or triple the recipe using the tools in the top right corner of the Ingredients section of this recipe card.
- The photos with the ketchup in the mason jar represent 2 full batches of this recipe.
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: Simmer
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: homemade ketchup, low fodmap ketchup, paleo ketchup, easy ketchup recipe, homemade condiments, low fodmap condiments, paleo condiments