This easy Chimichurri Sauce recipe gives an upgrade of fresh, zesty flavour to steak, poultry, fish or veggies! Low FODMAP and naturally Paleo and Whole30 compliant.
- 1 cup fresh parsley, firmly packed
- ½ cup scallions, green tops only, roughly chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano leaves, firmly packed or 1 tsp dried oregano leaves
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 2 tbsp white wine vinegar or red wine vinegar
- ½ tbsp freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)*
- Add all the ingredients to a food processor. Process on low for 3 minutes, scraping the sides of the bowl with a spatula after about 30 seconds. Allow to rest about 10-15 minutes to allow the flavours to meld while you prepare the rest of your meal. If you want the chimichurri to look prettier, you can hand chop everything and mix in a small bowl.
- Serve on or as a marinade for grilled or cooked steak, poultry, fish, roasted veggies or shrimp, such as my Chimichurri Shrimp and Broccoli Skillet (low FODMAP, Paleo and Whole30).
- Best when served fresh; however, this chimichurri can be stored in an air-tight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
*Although red pepper flakes are low in FODMAPs, some people respond poorly to them for non-FODMAP related reasons. Pay attention to how your body reacts to spicy food and consult your doctor or dietitian before adding red pepper flakes to this recipe if you have concerns about how you may react to it.
Adapted from Primavera Kitchen
- Category: Condiment & Seasoning Mix
- Method: Food processor
- Cuisine: Argentine
Keywords: chimichurri sauce, chimichurri recipe, low fodmap chimichurri, sauce, paleo, whole30