An easy, light weeknight dinner recipe for summer or any time of year, this Low FODMAP, Paleo and Whole30 Chimichurri Shrimp and Brocolli Skillet features “garlicy,” sauteed shrimp and tender-crisp broccoli covered in a zesty chimichurri sauce.
- A full batch of Easy Chimichurri Sauce (Low FODMAP, Paleo, Whole30)
- 1–1.5 lbs large shrimp, thawed (if frozen), peeled and deveined with tails removed
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper (to taste)
- 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cups fresh broccoli, heads only, chopped into bite sized pieces*
- Prepare the easy chimichurri sauce and allow to rest while you prepare and cook the remaining ingredients.
- Put shrimp in a large bowl and sprinkle with sea salt and freshly ground pepper.
- Heat a medium or large skillet (I use a 9” cast iron skillet) on medium heat and add 2 tbsp garlic infused olive oil. Once hot, add shrimp and saute until bright pink, about 5 minutes, flipping shrimp halfway through. Remove shrimp to a plate and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil to the same skillet and swirl to coat. Add the broccoli, cover and saute until fork tender, about 5-7 minutes, stirring occasionally. If the pan gets too dry, either add a bit more oil or the juices from the resting shrimp.
- Add the shrimp back to the skillet and remove from heat. Add the chimichurri sauce and stir until shrimp and broccoli are evenly coated.
- Serve the skillet on its own or on top of Instant Pot “Garlic” Mashed Potatoes (Paleo, Whole30, Low FODMAP), a baked potato (Paleo, Whole30, low FODMAP), white or brown rice (low FODMAP and gluten-free), cauliflower rice (Paleo, Whole30), or your preferred starch.
- According to Monash University, broccoli heads are considered tolerable for most people with IBS in quantities of up to 3/4 cup. If you aren’t concerned FODMAPs, a combination of heads and stems can be used.
- Prep time also includes the time necessary to make the chimichurri sauce.
- Adapted from Primavera Kitchen
- Category: Dinner
- Method: Saute with Cast Iron
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: chimichurri shrimp broccoli skillet, shrimp skillet, weeknight recipes, skillet recipes, one-pan recipes, low FODMAP, paleo, whole30