This addictive Broccoli Salad with Bacon is an easy, refreshing side salad recipe perfect for Canada Day, the 4th of July, or anytime during the summer. It’s also Paleo, Whole30 and low FODMAP.
- 4 cups fresh broccoli, heads only, chopped into small, bite sized florets
- 1 cup red grapes, halved
- ½ cup scallions, green tops only, chopped
- ½ cup raw pecans, finely chopped
- 5–6 strips sugar-free, nitrate-free bacon, cooked crisp, cooled and crumbled
- 2/3 cup dairy-free mayo
- 1 tbsp lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup (substitute ½ tbsp coconut aminos for Whole30)
- ¼ – ½ tsp sea salt (or to taste)
- In a large bowl, add the chopped broccoli heads, red grapes, scallions, pecans and bacon and stir with a large spoon to combine. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, add the mayo, lemon juice, maple syrup or coconut aminos, and sea salt* and whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing onto the produce mixture and stir with a large spoon until the produce is evenly coated in dressing. Taste the salad and adjust salt to taste. Serve immediately or chill covered in the refrigerator before serving.
- Makes 6 cups of salad total – about 3/4 cup per serving.
- *I use a low sodium bacon, so if you are using bacon with a regular amount of sodium, you may not need to add as much salt. I typically add 1/2 tsp of salt to the dressing before mixing everything together, but if you are making this for the first time, I suggest waiting to add the salt until after the produce and dressing are mixed together and you can taste the salad to see how salty the bacon makes it.
- Category: Side Dish
- Method: By hand
- Cuisine: American
Keywords: broccoli salad, broccoli salad with bacon, side dish recipes, summer recipes, barbecue side dish recipes, canada day recipes, 4th of july recipes, labor day recipes